Saturday, December 1, 2007

HEADING BACK TO HALLEY

Well I should have known that I couldn't stay away forever!

Since I got back to the UK I've spent a couple of months working for BAS in Cambridge, setting up some computers which are being sent to Halley next summer. While I was there I found about a job for the Halley VI Project Team, which involves coordinating the move of the science experiments from the old base to Halley VI, the new base which is being built over the next few years to replace the current station.

I applied, and yesterday I found out that I got the job! That means that I'll be heading back to Halley for the next four Antarctic summers, and working in Cambridge the rest of the time.

As for this website, I'm not sure yet that I'm going to return to posting all year round (I just can't see that the day-to-day office life will be that interesting), but I do think I'll be continuing it in some shape or form over the coming months.

No comments: